The complexity of sales and use tax compliance has become a significant burden to the business community. States have become aggressive in their sales and use tax collection efforts, subjecting more and more businesses to audits and inquiries. The sales and use tax laws can vary significantly from state to state, making it difficult to know when a liability has been created.
The team at Hannis T. Bourgeois has significant experience helping companies with sales and use tax questions. Through a tax review, we can identify areas of exposure and help your company comply with various jurisdictions.
Sales & Use Tax Services
Our firm offers a number of services to assist companies, including:
- Preparation of State and Local Sales Tax Returns (including electronic filing)
- Sales & Use Tax Reviews
- Registration for State and Local Sales Tax Accounts
- Assistance with Nexus Determination
- Voluntary Disclosures & Tax Amnesties
- Representation in Sales Tax Audits
- Applications for Exemptions
If you are looking for solutions to sales and use tax questions, Hannis T. Bourgeois is ready to help. For additional information on sales and use tax compliance, click here to contact us.